Nothing crazy, just a GenEd class on gardening and stuff, but I feel like my brain and learning has become stagnant so this is the perfect solution. It’s 2 hours, once per week, for 8 weeks. Easy peasy.
Recently I’ve been thinking about going back to school (again) but I don’t want to jump into College without knowing if I’m ready or not. I know my attention span is crazy low and I’m super indecisive, so taking this one class for a short period of time will be perfecto.
Long read but seriously worth the read.
Filing this under: things to read whenever I start to feel uninspired / misguided.
I failed my class.
I’m about to go check them.
I’m scared shitless. Absolutely fucking shitless. I have way too much riding on this one damn course, and either my prof actually did keep in mind that I desperately need at least a 67%, or I did too poorly for him to be able to bump me up anything.
I suck at school.
What is wrong with me? The next YEAR of my life depends on this test.
And yet I still can’t give a shit about studying.
3 more hours.
I don’t have the attention span for this. I don’t have the motivation for this.
I don’t even have the motivation to make a cheat sheet.
I almost shat from excitement.
Die hard Supernatural fan, shaddap homie.
I cry easily.
I have a bad temper.
For the most part, I don’t like people.
I’m easy to get along with.
I like to fight.
I have more enemies than friends.
I drink coffee.
I clean my room daily.
I’m shorter than 5’5.
I wear makeup.
I wear a piece of jewellery at all times.
I wear contacts.
I wear glasses.
I’ve had braces.
I have braces. 23 sleeps until that becomes had :) !!
I change my hair color often.
I straighten my hair often.
My ears are pierced.
I have small feet.
I’m in a relationship now.
I’ve missed an ex before.
I’m always scared of being hurt.
An ex has physically abused me at least once.
I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
I’ve been in love more than two times.
I believe in love at first sight.
I believe lust is more important than love.
I have a best friend(s).
I have at least ten friends.
I’ve gotten a phone call in the last 48 hours from a friend.
I’ve beaten up a friend.
I’ve been in a serious fight with a friend.
I can trust at least five people with my life.
I’ve been on a plane.
I’ve been on a train.
I’ve left the state/province.
Someone close to me has died.
I’ve taken a taxi.
I’ve taken a city bus.
I’ve taken a school bus.
I’ve gone bungee jumping.
I’ve made a speech.
I’ve been in some sort of club.
I’ve won an award.
I’ve spent 24 hours on the computer straight.
I’ve been in a physical fight.
I listen to country.
I listen to some pop.
I listen to techno.
I listen to rock.
I’m one of those people who play songs repeatedly until I hate it.
I download music.
I buy CD’s.
I spend at least six hours a day watching television.
I watch soap operas daily.
I’m in love with Days Of Our Lives.
I’ve seen and like The OC.
I’ve seen and like One Tree Hill.
I’ve seen and like America’s Next Top Model.
I’ve seen and like Popular.
I’ve seen and like House.
I’ve seen and like 24.
I’ve seen and like CSI.
I’ve seen and like Everwood.
I get along with both of my parents.
My biological parents are still together.
I have at least one brother.
I have at least one sister.
I have at least one step brother/sister.
I have at least one half brother/sister.
I’ve been kicked out of the house.
I’ve ran away from my home.
I’ve sworn at my parents.
I’ve made my parents cry.
I’ve lied to my parents.
I’ve lied to my parents about where I am.
I’ve lied to my parents about what I’m doing.
I’ve lied to my parents so I’d be allowed out.
I’ve walked out when I’ve been grounded.
I’ve cut my hair in the past year.
I’ve dyed my hair in the past year.
I’ve been blonde.
I’ve had black.
I’ve been red.
I’ve been light brown.
I’ve been medium brown.
I’ve been brown. does naturally count…?
I’ve had streaks.
I’ve had purple/pink.
I’ve been blue/green.
I’ve gotten my hair thinned.
I use conditioner.
I’ve used silk therapy.
I’ve used hot oil treatments.
I’ve curled my hair.
I’ve straightened my hair.
I’ve ironed my hair.
I’ve braided my hair.
I’ve had/want dreadlocks.
I’ve thrown something at a teacher.
I’ve yelled at a teacher.
I’ve been suspended.
I’ve had an in-school suspension.
I’ve been sent to the principal’s office.
I’ve walked out of class.
I’ve skipped an entire day of school.
I’ve skipped a whole month of one certain class.
I’ve failed a test.
I’ve cheated on a test.
I’ve helped someone else cheat on a test.
I’ve failed Art.
I’ve failed P.E.
I’ve failed Math.
I’ve failed Science.
I’ve failed another class.
A teacher has called my parents.
I’ve been caught skipping
1. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well lit place in front of your computer.
2. Log onto MSN (be sure to go on away!). Check your email.
3. Read over the assignment carefully, to make certain you understand it.
4. Walk down to the vending machines and buy some chocolate to help you concentrate.
5. Check Facebook.
6. Call up a friend and ask if they wants to go to grab a coffee. Just to get settled down and ready to work.
7. When you get back to your room, sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a clean, well lit place.
8. Read over the assignment again to make absolutely certain you understand it.
9. Check Facebook.
10. You know, you haven’t written to that kid you met at camp since fourth grade. You’d better write that letter now and get it out of the way so you can concentrate.
11. Look at your teeth in the bathroom mirror.
12. Look up some videos on youtube.
13. Check your email.
14. MSN chat with one of your friends about the future. (ie summer plans).
15. Check Facebook.
16. Download some music.
17. Phone your friend on the other floor and ask if they’ve started writing yet. Exchange derogatory emarks about your prof, the course, the college, the world at large.
18. Walk to the store and buy a pack of gum. You’ve probably run out.
19. While you’ve got the gum you may as well buy a magazine and read it.
20. Check Facebook.
21. Check the newspaper listings to make sure you aren’t missing something truly worthwhile on TV.
22. Play some solitaire or tetris.
23. Check out bored.com.
24. Wash your hands.
25. Call up a friend to see how much they have done, probably haven’t started either.
26. Look through your housemate’s book of pictures from home. Ask who everyone is.
27. Sit down and do some serious thinking about your plans for the future.
28. Check to see if bored.com has been updated yet.
29. Check your email and listen to your new music.
30. You should be rebooting by now, assuming that windows is crashing on schedule.
31. Read over the assignment one more time, just for heck of it.
32. Scoot your chair across the room to the window and watch the sun rise.
33. Lie face down on the floor and moan.
34. Punch the wall and break something.
35. Check your email.
36. Mumble obscenities.
37. 5am - start hacking on the paper without stopping. 6am -paper is finished.
38. Complain to everyone that you didn’t get any sleep because you had to write that stupid paper.
39. Go to class, hand in paper, and leave right away so you can take a nap.